Chicken is normally regarded highly by most cooks due to its appeal which is widespread and the various advantages it has over other menus. Versatile, economical, and easily available, chicken might just be the perfect ingredient for every day, easy recipes as well as for entertaining. You will also find it starring in most of sought after ethnic and regional recipes from chicken parmesan, chicken masala, and sesame chicken, chicken enchiladas, to chicken fried steak, dumplings and chicken. Don’t forget about the oven-fried chicken drumsticks.
When you check out Popeyes Menu at KitchenLTO.com, you will learn that not all chicken is created equally. With some tricks and tips, you will be in position to create some lip-smacking fried chicken which will have everyone wanting to steal your secrets from you. Whether you are making chicken for a picnic outing or for a dinner at home, the below measures will ensure that you will be in a position to create great improvements in your fried chicken.
- Ensure that the kitchen is cut out properly: You have to satisfy both the white and dark meat preferences by ensuring that the whole chicken is cut into pieces. Whether you do the cutting yourself or you buy it from a butchery when it is already cut, it will be good if you go an extra mile and cut each of the breasts of the kitchen into two or three pieces.When the breast pieces are smaller, then it will enable the cooking time to be more in line with the thighs and legs. The breast will then not be overcooked, this is due to the fact that chicken breasts which are larger tend to get crispy and golden on the outside before they are fully cooked on the inside.
- Make a marinade: The secret to having a succulent fried chicken is to start with a brine or marinade, as this will ensure that the chicken is kept at its juiciness peak. If you check out Popeyes Menu at KitchenLTO.com, you will be able to learn that, those who love fried chicken choose buttermilk marinade while others go for brine, which is a mixture of salt, sugar, and spices which are dissolved in water.If you decide to use the buttermilk brine, then it will mean that you take 1 cup of water, stir it in ¼ cup kosher salt. Take granulated sugar, ¼ a cup, and spices such as paprika which is smoked. Stir the mixture until it is dissolved. Add about 3 cups of buttermilk to ensure that you finish the brine for buttermilk. Soak the chicken in the brine, refrigerated overnight before you proceed with the recipe.
- You should never rush it: When you check out Popeyes Menu at KitchenLTO.com, you will find that the best chicken has to take a luxurious and long soak in the buttermilk brine. You can consider allowing the chicken pieces to spend at least 24 hours in the liquid for a maximum of 48 hours.
- The seasoning has to be generous: After you have had your chicken sit in the buttermilk brine it is necessary that you are generous with the spices too. Add more salt and spices. When you add more salt at every stage of the kitchen frying, it ensures that you do away with the blandness.You have an option to pump up the flavor further by adding other spices to the coating of the chicken. For the station for breading, you can add items such as garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne powder, black pepper and salt to the flour dredge. When it comes to the milk, stir in any condiment that is wet such as Sriracha or hot sauce.
- Use the correct cooking temperature and oil: While you don’t necessarily require a deep fryer for the chicken that is perfectly fried as you can use a cast iron pan together with enough oil, it is important to be careful which type of oil you are going to use to do the frying. You have to ensure that you choose one that has a smoke point which is high, such as peanut or canola oil.You will need to hit the oil until its temperature is about 335 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the best temperature if you want to have a chicken which is crispy on the outside while cooked through a moist in the inside. To determine that your oil is at the correct temperature, it will be best if you utilized a thermometer.But you have an option of determining temperature without a thermometer through flicking a little flour in the oil which is hot. If the flour happens to sizzle upon hitting the oil, then the time is ripe for frying. Another tip when it comes to extra flavor for your chicken is to season the cooking oil with some ginger, bay leaves, peeled garlic cloves, or other seasonings before cooking the chicken. You can fry the aromatics in the oil when it is warming then go ahead and remove and throw them away before you add in the chicken.
- Avoid the paper towels: You should avoid ruining all your hard work of being able to create a fried chicken that is golden by going ahead and placing the finished product on paper towels after you are done with the cooking. This papers can cause the chicken to steam and in the process, all the crispiness might just turn soggy. You have an option of covering the baking sheet with a wire rack. When each piece of fried chicken has finished frying, you can transfer them carefully to the wire rack. The chicken will then be able to cool down with the excess oil being able to drip off in the rack without having to ruin the masterpiece that you have just created.
Chicken boasts of a nutritional profile which is positive. It is low in cholesterol and fat and high in protein. It contains zero carbs and thus, making it a perfect piece for eating healthy.