There are many of us who have a van or a motorhome and we want to take our bicycle with us wherever we go. Normally, we carry a mountain or road bike to exercise and visit spectacular landscapes when we escape from big cities.
However, it is becoming more and more common to travel to cities in Spain and especially in Europe with our urban bikes and go sightseeing with them. Enjoying the bike lanes in some cities like Barcelona, Amsterdam, Copenhagen or Bordeaux is a very enriching experience.
Next, we are going to explain several ways to take the bike inside the van for your trips, whether they are near or far. Let’s try the bike for 6 feet tall.
How to carry the bike in the van?
Step 1: Choose the right size: If you’re carrying a bike, you need to choose the right size. A bike can be too big for your van and too small for your van. The rule of thumb is that if it’s too small, you’ll have a hard time getting it in and out of your van. If it’s too big, you’ll have a hard time getting it on the van.
Step 2: Determine your load: Do you have a bike rack in your van? If so, determine what kind of bike you want to carry. Do you want to carry one bike or two? Do you want to carry your bike on the roof or inside? You may also like to read https://pluginid.com/how-to-clean-mountain-bike-disc-brakes/
Step 3: Load the bike: Load the bike. Make sure that the bike is secure. You don’t want it falling off and damaging your bike.
Step 4: Tie the bike to the bike rack: Use a tie to attach the bike to the bike rack. You’ll need a rope, a hook, and a chain.
Follow the tips
- Make sure the bike fits in the van: It’s important to make sure the bike fits in the van. You don’t want to end up with an uncomfortable ride when you’re out on your travels.
- Ensure there is enough room in the back of the van: If you’re not using the bike as a means of transportation, you don’t need to make sure you have enough room in the back of the van. However, if you’re using it for transport, you’ll need to ensure there’s enough space for the bike.
- Make sure you pack the bike correctly: This is probably the most important tip we’ll be giving you in this listicle. Make sure you pack the bike correctly. You don’t want to spend hours unpacking and repacking the bike.
- Make sure the bike is secure: When you’re traveling on the bike, it’s important to make sure it’s secure. You don’t want to have the bike fall off the back of the van or crash into something.
- Make sure you carry the bike: You’ll need to carry the bike when you’re traveling with it. You might need to carry it on your shoulders or on a luggage rack. If you’re carrying the bike on your shoulders, make sure you carry it in the correct way.
- Make sure the bike is safe: You’ll also want to make sure the bike is safe. You don’t want to end up with a damaged bike.
Indoor bike rack for van
The most common way to carry one or more bicycles inside a van is by installing a bicycle rack.
Although it is not too complicated, it does require some time since you also have to remove the front wheel of the bicycle. To sleep inside the van, you will have to remove the bike rack and leave it outside or as cornered as possible.
Other ways to carry the bike inside the van
The popular forums also give us several ideas and tricks to carry the bicycle inside a van without the need to use a bicycle rack. Most of the systems are by means of tapes and the truth is that they are very interesting.
Keep in mind that the regulations stipulate that the bike must be perfectly secured so that it cannot fall, move, drag, produce noise, dust or cause other inconveniences. In addition to preventing accidents or fines, having the bike securely fastened will also prevent the van from taking hits.
If your bike is folding, storing it will be even easier. Most folding bikes do this in half, although this has several drawbacks. On the other hand, electric bicycles like Carmela Bikes allow the pedals to be folded and the handlebars to turn without the wheel also doing so so that it occupies less than 30 cm wide, that is, little more than a span. This allows it to be tied to the interior wall of the van in a simple way and takes up very little space.
How to take the bike out of the van?
Outside the van or motorhome, the best way to transport the bike is by means of a bike rack installed on the tailgate. There are those that allow you to carry up to 4 bicycles at the same time.
Even so, we recommend that if you park the van and go somewhere without the bikes, you put them inside to avoid theft or damage due to incivility or inclement weather. In this case, you can leave them inside without them being secured by an internal bike rack or straps since the van is not going to move.
It’s important to get a bike carrier that’s going to be compatible with your car. It’s not only going to be a hassle to get the bike in and out of the trunk, but it’s also going to be a hassle to get the bike out of the trunk when you’re done. A bike carrier that’s too small is going to make you feel like you’re going to lose your bike every time you get in the car. You’ll also want to make sure that it’s going to be easy to attach and remove your bike from the carrier.